These days, vaccination ranks alongside religion and politics as one of those subjects "not to discuss around the Thanksgiving table." The Greater Good aims to change that.
The Greater Good looks behind the fear, hype and politics that polarize people into emotionally charged pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine camps with no room for middle ground. Exploring the cultural intersection where parenting meets modern medicine and individual rights collide with politics, this character driven documentary weaves together the stories of three families whose lives have been forever changed by vaccination. By reframing the vaccine debate and offering, for the first time, the opportunity to have a rational and scientific discussion on how to create a safer and more effective vaccine program in America today, The Greater Good challenges viewers to Think Again.
The Greater Good offers parents, doctors and policy makers a safe space to speak openly, actively listen and to learn from one another.
Mixing verite footage, intimate interviews, 1950s-era government-produced movies and up-to-date TV news reporting, The Greater Good weaves together the stories of families whose lives have been forever changed by vaccination.
As producers, we wanted to take a step back from the recent divisiveness, and discuss the issue's complexity and nuances while bringing the larger picture into focus. We strive to create a safe space to bring rational and reasonable ideas back to this important discussion.
We hope that our film will serve as a resource for parents, physicians and other concerned audiences to support a national dialogue on vaccines and vaccine safety.
The Greater Good is a character-driven documentary that explores the cultural intersections where parenting meets modern medicine and individual rights collide with politics.
The special stream-to-own price is 60% off the DVD price.
||Leslie Manookian, Kendall Nelson, and Chris Pilaro
1 Online Streamed Video(s) (84 mins total)
5 Downloadable Documents
||How does this work? Click here...
Winner of the Koroni Award for a documentary feature addressing an issue of importance to Public Health from the University of Alabama, Birmingham
In The Greater Good, You Will Look Honestly At:
"What's being said is staggering, especially if you don't know too much about the science of and politics behind vaccines." - LA Weekly
"The Greater Good is a fascinating exploration of how vaccines are produced and regulated."
- Liz Tramer, Pegasus News
"Deftly examined...provocative...film is an effective eye-opener." - LA Times.
"Could intensify the debate around the potential dangers of vaccination." - Anthony Kaufman, Wall St. Journal
You Will Find Out:
- Chronic Illness and Vaccination
- Chronic Disease
- Vaccines and Brain Damage
- Aluminum in Vaccines
- Mercury and Cause for Concern
- Studies Suggesting Mercury Does Not Cause Autism
- Vaccination and Decline of Infectious Disease Mortality
- Vaccine Schedules
- Federal Vaccine Advisors and Conflicts of Interest
- Drug Industry Lobbying Expenditure
- Measles Cases in U.S.
In addition to the streaming documentary, The Greater Good, you will receive additional bonus downloadable documents, including a never-before compiled catalogue of research on vaccine science and vaccine safety, being made available for the first time ever exclusively with Natural News:
- How many vaccines do kids get today?
- Is vaccine safety just an issue for new parents?
- Are vaccines safe?
- What kinds of risks am I taking if I vaccinate my child?
- How often do adverse vaccine reactions occur?
- My doctor says that reactions such as swelling, soreness, tenderness and a lump at the injection site, fever, fussiness, tiredness, and vomiting after vaccination are normal and nothing to worry about. Is this true?
- Are all the ingredients in vaccines safe?
- Is the aluminum in vaccines safe?
- Are vaccines properly studied for safety and effectiveness?
- Do doctors know all there is to know about vaccines and their safety?
- Aren't vaccines safer than getting the diseases?
- Are vaccines responsible for the low levels of mortality we see from infectious diseases in the developed world?
- Do vaccines cause chronic illness?
- Do vaccines cause autism?
- Hasn't science proved there is no link between mercury and autism?
- Are vaccines mandatory?
- If I suffer a reaction to a vaccine can I sue someone for the damage?
- Won't disease come back if we stop vaccinating?
- Understand the FAQ's presented in the film
- Discover additional sources of information
- Understand how to talk about this complex issues with your friends and family