In this Real Safety Guide, you'll discover:
- The 140 top strategies for beating thieves and con artists at the fastest growing crime in America.
- Unbelievable insight into the world of cybercrime from our exclusive interviews with Lt. Bob Greenwood (the crime prevention expert of a major U.S. city's police department) and even convicted con artists still serving time in prison!
- The basic psychology con artists use to fool their victims.
- The cover-all tip to avoid most telephone cons.
- How you can obtain a free copy of your credit report once a year.
- Free and easy strategies for keeping your credit card numbers (and your credit) safe from the watching eyes of thieves.
- The one, inexpensive piece of office equipment that can save you or your company from thousands of dollars in credit card fraud.
- The 20 steps to rebuilding your life and taking back control after identity theft.
- The five states where identity theft is most common and ways you can protect yourself, no matter where you live.
- What you shouldn't have in your wallet or purse.
- The five most common telephone sales scams and easy tips for avoiding them.
- How to spot a door-to-door con, including the two most common disguises criminals use to get into your home.
- Why you don't have to give your social security number to everyone who asks.
- How to keep your mail (and all the information on it) out of thieves' hands.
- Why formatting your computer isn't enough to erase the personal information on your hard drive and how you can really make your computer a clean slate before you sell it.
- How to be a smart shopper: Why extended warranties are usually not worth the money.
- Strategies to keep your entire neighborhood safe from con artists.
- The "Binary Question" con and how to not fall for it.
- Who door-to-door con artists target the most.
- What may have been done to that supposedly "like new" used car.
- Who's more likely to cheat you -- a car dealership or a private seller.
- How to recognize telemarketers' true intentions.
- The rules that telemarketers must follow and what you can do to stop those who break them.
… and much, much more. We interviewed the top experts and researched the most informative sources to give you the most up-to-date and thorough information on beating identity theft and fraud. And we put it all right here in this authoritative Real Safety Guide to Beating Identity Theft, Con Artists & Credit Fraud. You simply won't find this information anywhere else, at any price!