Protecting your pet's health requires much more than opening up a bag of commercial pet food and throwing a Frisbee or ball of yarn now and then. Pets have unique nutritional, environmental and fitness needs, and disease will result when these needs are not met. Most pet owners want to keep their pets safe, but simply lack the knowledge. You don't have to be one of them.
The Real Safety Guide to Pet Health gives you the strategies you need to help your pet live a long and happy life. Based on up-to-date research and real world experiences, this authoritative guide is all you need to protect your pet from hidden health dangers lurking in its food and environment.
- The 19 commercial pet food ingredients that you don't want to put in your pet's food dish.
- The 13 "people foods" you should never feed your dog.
- How to perform CPR on your pet in four easy steps.
- The 15 telltale pet health symptoms you should never ignore.
- Raw food fundamentals: 13 tips on "going raw" for cat owners and 11 tips for dog owners.
- 9 tips on exercising your dog, even when it's too cold or rainy for a walk.
- How to recognize the five most common pet emergencies and save your pet's life.
- Revealed: The advertising gimmick that tricks consumers into spending $11 billion a year on low-quality, mass-produced(and disgusting) pet food.
- 12 playful exercise tips for you and your cat, including ways to make your own homemade toys.
- Poisoned by plants! 25 percent of all non-drug pet poisonings are from eating plants: 116 plants to watch out for.
- Six human medications that can kill pets, even in small doses.
- Five dog training tips and three cat training tips. (Yes, cats can be trained.)
- The seven healthful ingredients that you should look for in pet food. (Don't buy another can without reading this first.)
- The 12 must-have supplies for any pet owner's First Aid kit.
- Five things to look for when purchasing natural / organic pet food.
- Revealed: The horrifying truth about pet food manufacturers' "secret formulas." (There's a reason why it's a secret.)
- The No. 1 preventable cause of death for dogs and what you can do to avoid it.
- Brand name pet foods exposed! We name the unhealthy ingredients in six top-selling pet food products.
- Why some pet food ingredients are so disgusting that they warrant forensic investigation (but actually end up in your pet food).
- Have a naughty pet? 10 practical tips for positive behavioral modification.
- 10 lifesaving items that should be in every pet owner's poison safety kit.
- Is raw food healthy for pets? Your questions answered.
- Six reasons why you should walk your dog today.
- How to increase your dog's lifespan by 30 percent.
- 14 summertime pet dangers and how to avoid them.
- Three ways to recognize dehydration in pets.
- 11 wintertime pet dangers that you need to know about.
- Five easy ways to assess your pet's health even if you're not a veterinarian.
- Pet-safe holidays: How to keep your pet safe from Halloween and Christmas dangers.
- Revealed: The single natural substance that can protect your pet from internal and external parasites.
- Yes, you can have too much of a good thing: The dangers of overfeeding your pet.
- Why cheaper pet food is no bargain: It can cause enormous, long-term health expenses.
- A well-groomed pet is a healthy pet: Grooming tips for both dogs and cats.
- A recipe for making your own non-chemical flea and tick "dip."
- The three basic types of commercial pet food and the pros and cons of each.
- Our thoroughly researched recommendations for natural flea powders and herbal flea collars.
- How to know when you should decrease your pet's food intake.
- Fact: Authorities pick up six million lost and abandoned pets per year, only two to five percent of which are reunited with their owners. Learn three identification tips to ensure your pet's safe return home.
- How to really read a pet food ingredient label.
- The cleaning products you should never use around your pet.
- Why your pet can't be vegan (even if you are)!
- How your pet might just save your own health!
And much, much more! You won't find a more comprehensive pet safety guide anywhere, at any price.